What are the qualifying requirements?
- Excellent credit history and background check.
- Landlord & Employment verification.
- Income verification/history and indication of applicant’s continued prospects for this income. Tips and overtime hours do not qualify as income. Pay stubs from the last two months, or original tax returns for the last 2 years, with attached W-2 forms. Self-employed must provide original Form 1040 Individual Income Tax Return for the last 2 years, with attached W-2 forms.
- Rent to income ratio cannot exceed 30%.
- Debt to income ratio cannot exceed 60%.
- For purposes of financial eligibility pursuant to the minimum financial qualifications for housing, income of joint applicants can only be combined when a marital relationship exists.
- We do not accept guarantors or co-signers.
Management will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, gender, family status, religion, sex, or any other characteristic protected by all applicable state and federal discrimination laws.
What utilities are included in the rent?
It’s included with the rent the following utilities:
- Pest Control
How to join the mailing list?
If you would like to be added to the mailing list to be notified when a unit becomes available, please let us know your full name, email and phone number.
The mailing list is on a first come first serve basis. The office staff will call everyone on the list before attending to the other people interested.
What are the pet restrictions prior to moving in and as a resident?
We are committed to keeping the grounds and your individual homes up to the standards you have come to expect and enjoy. As a pet owner (or future pet owner), you know that all animals require special care and supervision; they can do costly damage to your home. We need your help!
- Only one pet is allowed per household. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Only cats and dogs, which weigh less than 40 pounds at their full adult weight, are allowed in the apartment. No puppies or kittens are allowed. Dogs must be fully grown and have attained their full adult weight before being accepted to live in the resident’s apartment. There are several breeds of dogs that are absolutely prohibited, no matter how docile you may consider your pet. These include, but are not limited to Pit Bull-Type, Rottweiler, German Shepherd, Husky-Type (including Siberian breeds), Malamute, Doberman Pinscher, Chow Chow, Wolf-Dog Hybrid.
- All pets must be spayed or neutered and evidence must be presented to the property manager.
- Every pet must be registered with both the property manager’s office and local authorities. You will be required to sign a Pet Agreement, show the animal to the property manager, and provide evidence of the animal’s vaccinations (worms, rabies, etc.) and registration tags. The property manager will approve an animal on a case-by-case basis, regardless of breed.
- There is a non-refundable pet fee of $300 and the monthly pet rent is $45.
- Pets must be leashed and always be with a member of the household at any time outside of the home. You may not tie the pet up to a tree, your car, or any other object. You are ultimately responsible for your dog or cat’s behavior. Aggressive or noisy animals will not be tolerated and you will be asked to remove the animal from the property. It is unfair to your neighbors.
- You must clean up after your dog and dispose of the “mess” in the trash. This is an unpleasant task to be sure, but it is even more unpleasant when someone steps in the mess. It is unfair and unhealthy to other tenants to have dog droppings around the property.
- The property manager reserves the right to require you to remove your pet, immediately, without cause and without recourse and without returning your pet rent.
- Visitor pets are not permitted.
Are there short-term leases available?
Newport Square Apartment does not offer short-term leases; all leases are 12 months.
How to access the Online Resident Portal?
We are dedicated to providing great rentals for our residents to call home and resources that make their home experience the best that it can be. The advantages of the Online Resident Portal are:
- Access your account from any mobile device by downloading the mobile app Online Portal by Appfolio
- Sign your lease electronically
- Pay rent and other charges
- Set up auto payments
- View payment history
- Submit and check status on a maintenance request
- View and download documents
In order to create an account you need a special link, please contact the leasing office to request one. Once you receive the link on your email, you will create a password to complete the setup of the account.
For detailed instructions visit www.appfolio.com/help/online-portal.
If you have questions about the Online Resident Portal or need assistance, please call or stop by the leasing office. We are here to help you!
How to submit a maintenance request?
When living at Newport Square Apartments, you get on-site maintenance from experts in your home as well as 24-hour emergency assistance.
Regular maintenance issues will be addressed Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, by calling the management office, (850) 659-7900 or through the Resident Online Portal, you can create a maintenance ticket.
Maintenance Emergencies are:
- Lack of air conditioning - if the temperature is over 85 degrees.
- Clogged toilet - if you have a second bathroom wait until regular business hours.
- No electricity - not interruption by the utility company.
- Major water leaks - small leaks can be called in during regular business hours.
- Your entry door will not lock or if you have a broken window through BOTH panes.
- Lock outs are not an emergency, call a locksmith and contact the office during regular business hours.
For after-hours emergency only, please call the emergency number given to you in your move-in folder and also available on your emergency maintenance fridge magnet.
If your call goes to voicemail, please leave a detailed message including your phone number and your apartment number. The call will be returned as soon as possible.
In case of fire, please call 911 first.